TCAT is able to do great work thanks to countless hours contributed by volunteers. Volunteers participate in TCAT’s work in many different ways, including:
- Strategic planning and governance (becoming a TCAT Advisor)
- Supporting the coordination and facilitation of participatory planning and co-design activities (with Active Neighbourhoods Canada)
- Conducting research and policy analysis for new Canadian Complete Streets policies and design guidelines, updating on-line maps and database, and developing website content (for Complete Streets for Canada)
- Supporting community-based programs to increase cycling in the suburbs (through Scarborough Cycles)
- Developing communications material (e.g. TCAT Newsletter, social media)
We also work with student work study and internship programs through a variety of programs and disciplines at the University of Toronto, Ryerson University, York University, and Trent University. We welcome graduate and undergraduate students to contact us with their interest in developing projects that both fulfill course requirements and support our active transportation research and policy work.
If you value the work of TCAT and want to contribute to our mission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current volunteer opportunities.