TCAT Strategic Planning Retreat: Looking back, and looking forward to 2015
Bright and early on a Saturday morning earlier this month, TCAT's Steering Committee members, staff, core volunteers, and other important stakeholders gathered together at the beautiful MaRS Centre for a full day of strategic planning. With insightful facilitation provided by Gillian Kranias from HC Link, this dedicated group spent the day together looking back on where we've been, reflecting on the unique value and strengths of TCAT, and looking forward to new directions and opportunities to build on our strengths in the years ahead.
Photo Credit: Brandon Quigley
A few highlights of the past year:
- Hundreds of people gathered in Toronto for TCAT’s 7th annual Complete Streets Forum.
- We traveled across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) to showcase local active transportation champions living in York, Halton, Peel, Durham, Hamilton and Toronto with our It’s Your Move video series.
- We launched the first Active Neighbourhoods Canada Project in the Toronto neighbourhoods of Thorncliffe Park and Flemingdon Park.
- We partnered with Toronto Environmental Alliance, Cycle Toronto, Walk Toronto and Canada Walks to survey Toronto city council candidates on their support for walking, cycling, and public transit.
- We continued work on timely and important projects, released new reports, and continued our work to influence local and provincial policy.
Posted On: December 18, 2014